Do you like your home to be clean and tidy? Our beautiful worship "home" needs to be cleaned every week and we are always looking for more helpers.
- Teams of 2 clean the church on Friday or Saturday morning
- Duties include: dust/wipe pews, window ledges, pulpit, font, lectern, other ledges, tables within the nave and south door area of the church; mop or ‘Swiffer’ floor area of nave; vacuum carpet runner; check to see pew books are in usual order; check for cobwebs; other jobs as required.
- The more teams we have, the less frequent each team is needed to clean
Do you enjoy doing small repairs and working with tools? Our First Carpenters are always looking for enthusiastic people to join their team. What do they do?
- The First Carpenter's repair and maintain church, buildings and grounds
- The group operate out of the well-equipped workshop adjacent to the cemetery
- The group build wooden cremation urns and use the proceeds to purchase materials and equipment
- As time permits, the group undertake small jobs for parishioners' homes for a small fee
- The group meet on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the shop to carry out their tasks
- Experience fun and fellowship as you work together as a team
Cemetery Work Parties
Don't have your own garden but love to work in the outdoors? We are always looking for helpers in our beautiful cemetery!
- Mondays at 5 p.m. (weather permitting) from April until October
- Bring along your gloves and favourite garden utensils or use the equipment on site.
- Tasks include cutting the grass, weedeating, weeding the plots, raking leaves and branches
- Come and spend a couple of hours in this sacred place.
For more information, contact the Parish Administrator who will put you in touch with the Team Leader.