Do you enjoy doing small repairs and working with tools? Our First Carpenters are always looking for enthusiastic people to join their team. What do they do?
- The First Carpenter's repair and maintain church, buildings and grounds
- The group operate out of the well-equipped workshop adjacent to the cemetery
- The group build wooden cremation urns and use the proceeds to purchase materials and equipment
- As time permits, the group undertake small jobs for parishioners' homes for a small fee
- The group meet on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the shop to carry out their tasks
- Experience fun and fellowship as you work together as a team
Cemetery Work Parties
Don't have your own garden but love to work in the outdoors? We are always looking for helpers in our beautiful cemetery!
- Bring along your gloves and favourite garden utensils or use the equipment on site.
- Tasks include cutting the grass, weedeating, weeding the plots, raking leaves and branches
- Come and spend a couple of hours in this sacred place.
For more information, contact the Parish Administrator who will put you in touch with the Team Leader.